03/12/2010

holidays.

I spent the weekend before last in Leeds for my friends Birthday!! The Victoria Quarter is a place that will always be close to my heart, as I used to work in there.... it is always so enchanting at Christmas-time. How amazing is the mirror ball tree?! The German Markets were also lots of fun but sooooo busy it was insane, I lost my friends temporarily, only to find them riding the horses on the carousel... also sampled a chocolate coated marshmallow thing, and some hot apple juice. DELICIOUS. Katie.xx


Other news....



So the last holiday in September had such a great effect on my health, I decided to book to go away again. I have a permanent battle of holiday or clothes?..am completely crazy about both, and forever seeking the perfect balance.
Earlier this week I set off for a stay in Taba, Egypt in the Sinai desert, which is realllllly close to Jordan). Although I have never been before, I have heard that where we are staying is pretty fabulous, complete with the most awesome snorkelling. So that's me off for a week of sun, swimming and snorkelling.
 I am a bit of a geek, so have been reading about the fish I might expect to see there- lionfish, parrot fish, snowflake moray eels (eeek)  Picasso fish found at the 'picasso' reef, an underwater mountain.. which sounds amazing, so wish me luck. There will be photos on my return, but I will be leaving you with posts on sunday, monday, wednesday so keep checking back... 



23 comments:

  1. Look amazing! Wish I was in a place like that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great post and I absolutely love the pics!!
    xoxo Sienna

    http://fashion-sienna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos sweetie!
    Enchanting ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Are you from Leeds lovely! I go in the Victoria Quarter nearly every lunch time as I work in the city ♥
    It's magical at Christmas time isn't it!
    Where did you used to work?
    Isn't Harvey Nichols fabulous ♥

    *following your lovely blog*

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Egypt when I was 16 and loved it! Have you ever been before? Really hope you have a good time anyway and you feel better, if you get the chance you really should go scuba diving around the reefs.

    And yes morey eels are scary but do tend to leave you alone.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am!! Wow. Have an amazing time, Leeds at Christmas looks so pretty!

    xx

    http://styleinsuburbia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this pics is amazing!I like the Christmas atmosphere!!!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. how pretty are all these photos! i love when everything becomes so festive, makes me excited for the holiday

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow so beautiful! im such in the xmas mood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!!! Beautiful, Beautiful!!!! all photos are amazing!!

    comeintoourroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!!
    I looove THESE PICS my darling :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have an amazing time! so jealous!

    xx
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an amazing trip have fun. Take photos. By the way I love the decorations in that place. I thought it was Grand Central Station at first, but I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful decorations!!

    C:
    http://moneygonefor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Amazing blog! Following, I hope you'll follow me back! Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Leeds looks so festive my town is like the Grinch town totally crap and not even a Christmas tree :(((.

    Wow have a fab time cant wait to see your pics I put clothes over holidays it is horrible to have to make that kind of choice have a fab time cant wait to see your holiday posts xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous post and I absolutely love the pics!!
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures- have an amazing holiday! Very jealous ;)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. can't wait to see new holiday photos, your pics are always fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou x a million you are all awesome.x