29/11/2010

miu miu DIY. returns.

Miu Miu mania, some may say madness, was caused by the Spring/Summer collection, as the blogosphere was buzzing with DIY'S and heaps of  creativity as we attempted to recreate the look. I took on a simple cat brooch, and a pair of swallow adorned gold wedges, which recieved the most page views of all time.
Now Miuccia is back for the Autumn/Winter with some of the most lust worthy pieces once more. I absolutely adore the shot of Hanneli in her vintage print trousers and mint green collar, and the endless editorials filled with pieces from the collection. I also can't get enough of the square toed shoes complete with bows and metal flowers ...( kind of wish more had higher heels), felted structural dresses, and of course the bow neck collars.
So good news....the navy blue miu miu collar in the previous post is actually my latest D.I.Y project .... I have been super excited about sharing it with you.
The hardest part was choosing 1. the right material 2. what colour to make 3. working out which style/size to make each component.  I admit it took about 6 hours, concentration, and much patience... but I am a stupid perfectionist when it comes to sewing. Here goes......


taaaaa dahhhhh.... the completed article. Katie.x Will you be attempting it?xxx




28 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! This is a great DIY, I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely!
    http://carrouseldelamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great DIY, I love the look but its not my style, I might try one on though just too see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic, you wouldn't be able to tell it was DIY! I honestly thought it was real in your last post and was very jealous that you had a new Mulberry and Mui Mui.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, you always have such a great DIY ideas. That's what I call truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the sweet comments- would love to hear if any of you make your own!!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant DIY!!! Love a project in the winter x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite designer, I love the latest collection, pretty, feminine and overall fabulous.

    *following your blog*

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment. Absolutely love your blog! This DIY collar is fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything about this is perfect! I wish I had the patience :)


    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my god! amazing diy -- i just checked out your other miu miu diys too love love!! :)

    http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING! Seriously, that is so simple I can't believe I haven't seen any before! Why pay hundreds when you can do it for... £2?!
    I think I will try this, I haven't tried any of the others but, although I actually didn't like the bows before (the colour and material looks a bit naff) this is much nicer! Maybe gingham or polkadots.... oooh, you've got my creative juices running again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Miu Miu DIY'S you did such a good job and it is very you. Good choice of colour too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool and well done!
    I just started following www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just come across your blog and adore it.

    This tip is beyond incredible and I can't wait to try it! I've followed your blog and really hope you'll like mine enough to follow too :)

    Sarah Betty xx
    http://www.sarahbetty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an awesome DIY!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. amaaaaazing. do you have a more upclose pic of you wearing the necklace?

    in her stilettos-an austin fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Bookmarking this post, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie, this is BRILLIANT!!! LOVE IT!! NEED IT!!! WANT IT!!! GOTTA NOW MAKE IT!!! It would look so cool too to do a contrasting bow color!!! GREAT idea and love how it looks soooo classsy and Audrey Hepburn like!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    http://www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it, looks absolutely dashing, you really have some skills, girl! DIY is always most inspiring, I did the collars, back then, don't think this one would suit me... looks fantastic anyways! :)
    x

    londonlastnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou x a million you are all awesome.x